Journal of Issues in Education
Print ISSN: 0126-5024
Publisher: University of Malaya
Publication type: Print
Publication frequency: 1 time(s) per year
Jurnal Isu Dalam Pendidikan (Journal of Issues in Education) is an annual publication of the Faculty of Education, University of Malaya. The main purpose of this journal is to serve as an outlet for articles that have theoretical and practical implications for education. Contributions from all disciplines pertaining to educational practice are welcome.
Manuscripts should cover any one of the following aspects:
Instruction and Learning Methods
Therapy and Counseling Methods
Assessment and Evaluation
Leadership and Management
Curriculum and Instructional Technology
Language and Literacy
Early Childhood Education
Social and Cultural Issues
E-learning and Distance Education
Professional Development in Education
*Related areas may be considered.
Manuscripts can be a review of book/s, a conceptual paper, a meta-analysis of past articles, and/or a review of conference papers.
Manuscripts contributed shall adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Name of author, co-authors (if any), affiliation, contact numbers, email address and title of the article shall appear on the cover page. The full manuscript consists of title of the article, body text, tables, figures and references only.
- All manuscripts shall be original and not under consideration for any publication elsewhere.
- Manuscript shall be written either in English or Malay language. Font: Times New Roman, font size 12, double spaced, 1" margin all round.
- Manuscript shall contain an Abstract of about 150 to 250 words either in English or Malay. Keywords are not needed.
- Manuscript together with its references must be less than 15 pages.
- Manuscript shall conform to the latest American Psychological Association (APA) style of writing and formatting.
- Each manuscript will be double-blind reviewed and the decision will be conveyed to the authors as soon as possible.
Authors who wish to submit a manuscript should:
- submit three hard copies of the manuscript AND one soft copy to the address given below. Since manuscripts will be reviewed anonymously (blind review) by two readers, the name(s) of the author(s) should appear only on the cover page, which should also include the title of the article, affiliation and address of the author(s).
- The title must also be written on the first page of the text. Author’s name(s) should not be included in the manuscript to ensure anonymity of review. It is the author’s responsibility to remove any identifying information from the manuscript.
- follow the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition), in citations referencing, tables and figures, general writing style and manuscript preparation.
- submit double spaced typed manuscripts on white A4 size paper, except for block citations which must be indented and single spaced.
- not send manuscripts which have been published in other publications or submitted to other journals.
- not exceed 5,000 words.
- most accepted manuscripts require some revision.
The editorial committee will inform the author(s) of any changes suggested. All enquiries, subscription (price of journal is defer for each issues) and change of address notification should be addressed to the Editorial Committee as follows:
The Editorial Committee
Faculty of Education
University of Malaya
50603 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Fax: 603-79565089/e-mail: email@example.com