What We Do
University of Malaya Centre of Innovation & Commercialization (UMCIC) is the technology transfer office (TTO) for University of Malaya.
UMCIC is responsible for managing the university’s intellectual property and technology transfer activities.
We welcome partners in exploring technology development and licensing opportunities in technology domains ranging from Engineering, Life Sciences, Medical, ICT, Digital Tech, Green Tech as well as a wide variety of services we are traditionally renowned for.
Find out about the excellent facilities accessible to industry and our new UMXcelerate programme, UMX launchpads, wet and dry labs and innovation support all aim to foster innovation transfer in a wide range of fields, along with premium space available for tech start-up partners in our incubator.
Our integrated and research-centric approach to technology development comprises:
- Collaboration - Industry, Investor & Inventor;
- Intellectual property management & legal advice;
- Technology commercialization through venture creation and licensing;
- Technology accelerator programme;
- Business Pods & Startups creation.