Consequences If Student Fail To Covered With Insurance - Insurance
If student fail to buy or renew the insurance coverage latest by 13 February every year, than STUDENT WILL NOT COVERED by the Insurance until they re-register and pay the premium. Subsequently, 3 main Exclusions for Group Hospital & Surgical Policy (Inpatient benefits) may re-apply to those who fail to follow the instruction as follows:
- 30 days “Waiting Period”
- Any admission occurring during the first 30 days period from policy commencement/renewal date are not covered except for accidental cases only.
- 120 days Specific Illness
- Any admission due to specific illness (as specified in the policy contract) occurring during the first 120 days from policy commencement date are not covered.
- Pre-existing Illness Condition
- Disability existed or have developed symptoms or there exist manifestation of illness before the effective date of cover in respect to a covered person of which the covered person was aware or should reasonable have been aware, or based on normal medically accepted pathological development of the illness or illnesses are not covered for the 1st 1 year.
- Action will be taken by UM
- Barring students from getting their exam result; and
- Displaying name of students who refuse to buy the insurance policy in email, MYUM Portal and notice board.