Liquid Chromatography High Resolution QTOF System
Brand: Agilent Technologies
Brief description: LC-MS is a powerful technique used for many applications which has very high sensitivity and selectivity. Generally its application is oriented towards the general detection and potential identification of chemicals in the presence of other chemicals (in a complex mixture). Preparative LC-MS system can be used for fast and mass directed purification of natural-products extracts and new molecular entities important to food, pharmaceutical, agrochemical and other industries. The Agilent 6530 Accurate-Mass Q-TOF LC/MS systems provide superior data quality and advanced analytical capabilities for profiling, identifying, characterizing, and quantifying low molecular-weight compounds and biomolecules with confidence. It gives wide mass range, m/z20 – 20,000 and mass accuracy is 1-2 ppm MS, and 2-4 ppm MS/MS.
1. Operating Software: Mass Hunter
2. Detector: Mass Spectrometer
3. Column: Hardware Kit ZORBAX Eclipse XDB-C18
4. HT Cart Hardware Kit Rapid Resolution: HT 2.1X50 mm 1.8 Micron 600 Bar
5. Max volume for loading sample: Depending auto sampler needle assemble (~ 40 Microliter)
6. Max and Min concentration of sample: Concentration < 20 ppm (~5 ppm preferred)
Guideline to User:
1. Samples should be pure components after chromatography or semi-pure fractions after chromatography. Please ensure that samples introduced have been subjected to at least some degree of purification or pre-treatment.
2. Sample preparation according to the following guidelines.
Sample concentration: < 20 ppm (~ 5 ppm preferred)
1 ppm = 1mg of solute
3. Injection volume: < 5µL
4. Filter both your samples and solvents with a 0.2µm nylon membrane
5. Flush the column with 100% MeOH or 100% Acetonitrile for at least 15 minutes after completion of your run.
Location: Room C013, Block A Chemistry Department
Supervisor: Prof.Madya Dr. Nor Kartini Abu Bakar
Science officer: Miss Norzalida Bt. Zakaria
Assistant science officer : Mr Mohamad Bin Akasah (Phone no.: +603-7967 4251)
Sample requirement: Refer to Guideline to user
Limitation: Refer to Guideline to user and No toxic and radioactive samples are accepted.
Application Form :
For futher information regarding service charge, please click HERE.
Instrument Status :